It’s definitely getting much colder! We had the first frost this week, and I’m starting to think about my Christmas shopping so that must be a sign that winter is coming. Here’s my selection of gorgeous items for sale on Folksy, with a winter theme…
1. 5 Snowflake Cards by Devotion of the Dream
2. Hand Knitted Fingerless Gloves in Aqua Teal by Hand Knitted Things
3. Christmas Stocking Decorations by Oh You Pretty Things
4. Frozen Hawthorn Christmas Card Pack by Flemyng Design Photography
5. Let it Snow Block set by Tigerlilly Primitives
6. Stripe & Flower Scarf by Victoria Jackman Knitted Textiles
7. Bare Winter Branches Digital Collage by Rowan Tree Design
8. Glass Lantern by Amanda Fletcher
I’m sooooo excited about moving house in a few weeks time! The pile of new house stuff is growing, and we are starting to think about what furniture will go where, etc. My obvious choice for a Folksy Friday this week is a selection of my favourite ‘home’ related items. Enjoy!
Following on from yesterday’s post with the driftwood leaflet stand, I decided to base my Folksy Friday collection on a driftwood theme this week. The beautiful works above were created by the following talented Folksy sellers;
1. Driftwood Cabinet by Julia’s Driftwood Designs
2. Driftwood Beach Hut Card by Kirsty Elson Designs
3. Driftwood Tea Light Holder by Ultimate Drifter
4. Driftwood & Reclaimed Wood Mirror by Julia’s Driftwood Furniture
5. Small Wall Mounted Driftwood Boat by Driftwood Boat Builders
6. Driftwood Candle Block by Coastlines
I’ve enjoyed looking at home decorations on Folksy this week, in particular things that hang. It’s surprising how many nice shops I’ve come across that I didn’t know existed whilst searching. Here are some of my favourites;
1. Paper Shakespearian heart garland by Bookity
2. Small Bee Hotel by Wudwerx
3. Shabby Chic Beach Hut Wall Hanging by Oh you pretty things
4. Stained Glass and Driftwood Boat Mobile by Amy Orange Juice
5. Driftwood Heart Wall Hanging by My Pretty Little Things
6. Garland by Mai’Mo
I’m thinking about travel this week – From flying in an aeroplane on my recent holiday, to packing my car and driving to my craft fair this weekend, and my order for the ceramic pendants travelling in the post to their new home.
I decided to host my first ever Folksy Friday and the theme is Travel. Enjoy!
1. Map Badges by Hats Outrageous
2. Butterfly Map Art by TerrorDome
3. Vintage Resin Map Bangle by Pennydog Jewellery
4. Vintage Map Brooch by BuriBoo
5. Travel Book Hearts by Asking for Trouble
6. Frame Purse by Yunisacs
I received my new hoody in the post a couple of weeks ago but only just got round to showing it off. It was embroidered by Sew and Soaps – Check out their online shop for loads of other cool stuff, at reasonable prices too! For the clothing you can choose any colour you want, any colour & style of text, and where you want the text. I’ve been living in my new hoody around the house, but it will also be great for wearing at craft fairs and shows throughout the year.
Every Friday, a number of people within the Folksy community post a selection of themed works on their blogs called ‘Folksy Friday’. I haven’t got round to doing this yet, but will have a go soon. This week 2 lovely Folksy sellers have kindly featured some of my work in their themed picks. My Ceramic Leaf Buttons were chosen by Noodle Bubble in her selection of buttons here, and my Beach Cove Vessel was featured here by Card Making Princess. Thank you both!
I was excited to find out that my Oak Impressed Ceramic Dish above was selected for the ekphrastic challenge over at The RikRak Studio this week. Handmade works that are ekphrastically inspired by the colour palette of a famous piece of art – La Promenade by Monet, were selected for the challenge. The colour palette was full of different shades of green and brown, so my dish fits in perfectly. Have a look at the other works that were chosen, theres a great selection.
Remember when I told you about Craft Gawker? I had another image accepted by them yesterday, it was my Leaf Buttons, they seem to be getting around a bit! Feel free to visit my buttons on Craft Gawker here and click the heart if you like them!
This will be my last post for a while as I’m off on a well overdue holiday to Tunisia tomorrow!!! I’ve got a lot of packing to do, it’s exciting! See you soon with lots of holiday photos