Search Results for: tin lantern
Throughout May I took part in a ‘photo a day’ challenge, following the list of prompts above. The best thing about the challenge is it is fun and there are no rules. I got the idea from Chantelle over at ‘Fat Mum Slim’ - She reveals a new list every month so you could play along too if you fancy.
Chantelle says: ”It makes you take a little time each day to stop and take notice of what’s around you, as well as be a little creative.”
I’ve really enjoyed playing along and seeing what others post every day via Instagram, Facebook & Twitter. Some of my friends have been joining in too.
1. I bought this: New beige jodphurs, black boots and chaps ready for horse competitions and shows.
2. Morning Ritual: I can’t leave the house without having breakfast.
3. This is really good! : Drinking wine at my first BBQ of the year.
4. In my cup: Tea from the burger van at a motocross race I went to watch.
5. Paper: My jar that I started filling with happy memories for 2013 to look back on.
6. Broken: A broken-hearted bird house.
7. Something beginning with F: Friends. Couldn’t manage without each and every one of them.
8. Shape: My new range of ‘mushroom shaped bowls’.
9. A Snack: Fruit rolls. Hadn’t had these before but was not very keen on them
10. Stars: This star hangs from my workshop along with a lantern and some wooden wind chimes.
11. Smile: I never stop smiling when I’m with my boyfriend. He’s the best!
12. Mother: Ginger giving my mum kisses
13. Sunrise/Sunset: I took this photo of the sun setting whilst driving back from a birthday party in Maidenhead.
14. Need: This photo was taken of the hunting horses down at the farm when it was baking hot last week, bringing Dizzy in from the field. Need the sunshine back!
15: 7 O’Clock: At my Dads having dinner, his cuckoo clock chimed seven.
16. Mailbox: This sits on the gate to the entrance of the farm where I share a horse. I’ve always wanted to lift up the lid to see whats inside.
17. Season: Summer is my all time fave. Can’t wait to go on holiday and catch some rays, since they seem to be lacking in this country.
18. Want: I’m moving house in a couple of months, the new bedroom is going to be red. I want this duvet set to match my lamps. In king size, naturally.
19. My Favourite View: Between horses ears.
20. Light: I felt as light as a feather when Dizzy flew me over this jump. She’s wicked!
21. I care about this: I try to go to the gym at least three times a week.
22. Change: In October I’ll be travelling to Thailand for 3 and a half weeks. I’m so excited and can’t wait to embark on this adventure which I’m sure will change my life!
23. PJs: Cosy
24. Go: Rain, rain, go away!
26. Fave thing to do on a Sunday: Snuggle up with a DVD and some snacks.
27. Can’t live without: There are lots of things I couldn’t live without but since I spent a couple of hours cleaning her today, thought I’d share my car as one of them. She’s had a busy day of pampering ready for a road trip next week.
28. What you’re doing now: Walking Benji in the rain before making a few vases.
29. Kiss: Dizzy loves kissing the camera!
30. Tool: This is my favourite tool that I use the most out in the workshop. I use it for everything – trimming, carving, cutting, engraving, piercing holes, and even signing the bottom of pieces.
31. Four things: Little clay houses, dandelion dish, ceramic plant markers, natural vase.
Will you play along in June?
Revisiting some of the crafty projects and tutorials I’ve posted and thought I would share them all in one place. Would love to hear which one is your favourite, or if you have tried any using my tutorials it would be great to hear from you!
Leave a comment telling me which craft project is your favourite and why, and you could be the lucky winner of one of my handmade ceramic bowls
Thank you for visiting my post about DIY Tin Lanterns… You may also be interested in my individually handmade ceramic homewares, accessories and gifts in my shop – take a look!