Overview of 2011
A little late, but better late than never… Happy New Year! Christmas seems like such a long time ago now, but it was lovely to have a relaxing break although I ate and drank far too much!
I would like to take an opportunity to thank everyone who supported me alongside Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics throughout 2011, including family, friends, customers, fans, and many more people I have met along the way. It wouldn’t be the same without you all! It has been another great year with plenty of memorable times, and I thought I would share some of the highlights with you…
- A range of my products were professionally photographed by Matt Debouge in 2011 (see a selection above). I was very happy with the results.
- I hosted my own solo exhibition entitled ‘Fragments of Nature‘ in two of the large cabinets at Daventry Library (below).
- I also took part in the following exhibitions throughout the year;
‘Craft & Design Month‘ at Down to Earth Gallery in May
‘Contemporary Coastal’ at Staacks from June – July
‘Summer Exhibition’ at Victoria Fearne Gallery from July – August
- While taking part in Theo Paphitis’ #SBS (Small Business Sunday) on Twitter, I was lucky enough to have my tweet re-tweeted by Theo in April 2011, which was a fantastic early birthday present!
- I was so excited to be on board The Light Direction team, becoming an official merchandise creator for the popular novel series. My specially designed beach hut hangings, magnets, brooches, pendants, plaques and mini art on easels are all now merchandise pieces for the ‘Beside The Sea’ theme of the book.
- I gained 4 new stockists;
The Tearoom Boutique
Poppies Tea Shop
Also thanks to Pretty Things Derby where my products were stocked for a short period, but unfortunately the shop will be closing down in a couple of weeks.
- Some of my tea light bowls were used as props in the photography of some stunning jewellery.
- My new website www.charlottehupfieldceramics.com was launched in July, following the success of my new online shop which was relaunched in November.
- 2011 was my best year for magazine publications so far… I was featured in magazines including Vogue, House Beautiful, Amateur Gardening, Living Edge, Country & Border Life, Fusion Flowers, plus many more.
- I introduced some new products to my range, including Framed Ceramic Art…
- I also introduced some new design themes to my work, including dandelions, beach huts, leaves and bonsai trees. These themes are still currently under development so expect to see more from these ranges throughout 2012!
- I sold my work at various fairs and events throughout the year, and won a hamper prize at my last fair in December for ‘Best Dressed Stall’ which was a fantastic end to the year!
Phew, what a year it has been. It was quite a roller-coaster at times but still very enjoyable
I’m looking forward to progressing with Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics in 2012, lots of exciting things are already planned – this year is going to be the best!